Friday, July 15, 2016

How I Fell In Love With Kilishi – Isreali Envoy

Image result for Mr Uriel Palti


The Israeli Ambassador to Nigeria, Mr Uriel Palti, has revealed what he will miss most as his term comes to an end after three and a half years in Nigeria, saying that he will miss the sweetness of a Northern Nigerian delicacy, Kilishi. 


The envoy, who said he fell in love with the country when he came, also believes that the country and its people love Israel back as evident in the former president, Goodluck Jonathan, visiting the country twice as a sitting president.

 
Mr Palti divulged this when he paid a farewell visit to the corporate headquarters in Abuja, just as he added that because of the importance of West Africa and its strategic positioning, Prime Minister Benjamin Natanyahu will hopefully visit.


Palti said: “I am leaving Nigeria after three and half years. I fell in love with Nigeria. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu just concluded his visit to East Africa and hopefully his next visit may be West Africa because everybody knows how important the sub Saharan region is to Israel.”


“I think Nigeria loves Israel and Israel loves Nigeria as for the first time, a Nigerian sitting president visited Israel twice and really there is a very good relation between Nigeria and Israel and I really hope that those relations continue to flourish.”


“I am sad that I will be leaving Nigeria, I love Nigeria and have made a lot of friends and I love Kilishi.”
On the high points of his stay in Nigeria, the envoy said “I have had a few highlights in my time in Nigeria such as diplomatic, social, economic and international highlights. I was conferred as a chief in Bayelsa by Governor Seriake Dickson.”




“The most important diplomatic achievement was the visit of the former president, Goodluck Jonathan to Israel. Also, Nigeria’s role as a member of the UN Security Council and I think, Nigeria deserves a permanent seat as a member of the UN Security Council. We will support them to that effect.”


“On Agriculture, when former Minister of Agriculture, Akinwunmi Adesina visited Israel and then his counterpart, our Minister of Agriculture paid him a reciprocal visit to Nigeria. It was a very successful visit.”

No comments: