Thursday, June 23, 2016

Man named Mr Gambles wins lottery for second time - with the exact same numbers

Larry Gambles
Larry Gambles Credit: Illinois Lottery via NBC
A man with the surname Gambles has won the lottery for the second time, claiming he used the exact same numbers.


Larry Gambles, 65, who lives in Matteson, Illinois, won a $1,050,000 Lucky Day Lotto jackpot prize when his ticket matched all the numbers on June 7.


"Nine years ago, I won $50,000 playing the numbers from the jerseys of my high school basketball team," Gambles told the Illinois Lottery. "I’ve been playing the same numbers ever since. I can’t believe they paid off again."


Gambles is a retired school administrator who has lived in Matteson for over 20 years, and he says he plans to share the winnings with his family and friends.


So what advice does he have for other lottery players?

"Pick your favorite numbers and stick with them," he said. "It worked for me."

No comments: